Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£30,000 to £40,000
We are pleased to be recruiting for a Buyer for a unique organisation based in Hemel Hempstead, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that provide services and deliver solutions across the globe!
- Analyse and interrogate MRP requisitions, taking necessary actions to satisfy demand, E.g. by placing purchase orders to suit business needs across all procurement categories.
- Optimise levels of stockholding and inventory investment to minimise inventory losses due to deterioration, obsolescence, and other causes.
- Manage supplier day to day liaison and report areas of concern or excellence.
- Build and maintain partnerships with the supply chain overseas and in the UK, maintaining effective and regular communication.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Senior Managers ensuring that all aspects of supply, inventory and policy are discussed and agreed.
- Work closely to support internal customers and design engineers to source new and existing products to satisfy end customer expectation.
- Attend meetings internally and externally to represent department and company.
- Undertake special tasks and projects as directed by the Purchasing manager.
- Coordinate inbound shipments from around the globe.
- Compile and analyse RFQ as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
Apply For This Job Now
- Experience within a purchasing environment is essential.
- Ability to utilise effective negotiation and persuasion skills is essential.
- Knowledge of warehouse processes and inventory management is desirable.
- Familiarity with production parts and supplier manufacturing processes is desirable.
- Good numeracy and analytical skills.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience of working and developing MRP systems.
- Experience with procuring from the Far East is advantageous.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a small team and with staff at all levels and with partner organisations, suppliers, and clients.
- Be receptive to fast moving, challenging, and rapidly changing and expanding operations.
- Able to work under pressure in a calm and mature manner.
- Ability to multi-task and constantly reappraise timescales and priorities.
- Self-motivated, ability to show initiative and develop creative solutions.